- Performs beautifully in a broad range of settings and applications.
Color: Medium to dark green.
- Texture: Dense, moderately course blade structure.
- Mowing Height: 3 to 4 inches.
- Frequency: 1 to 2 times per week.
- Watering: Newly planted sod should be watered daily and soaked thoroughly to a depth of 3 inches for the first 21 days to avoid dry out. Thereafter as needed to the full depth of the root zone to prevent visual wilt.
- N Fertilization: 0.4 to 0.8 pounds of actual N per 1,000 sq. ft. per growing month.
- Soils: Tolerates a relatively wide range of soil types; is best suited to well drained, fertile soils.
- pH Tolerance: Range: 5.8 to 8.5. Soils with pH of 6.7 to 7.5 are preferred Good tolerance to saline soils.
- Wear Tolerance: Good recuperative qualities and fairly wear resistant due to its spongy resilience and course blade structure. Not recommended for high traffic areas.
- Shade Tolerance: Good to Excellent. Greater than Bluegrass, Dichondra, and both common and hybrid Bermudagrasses.
- Heat Tolerance: Excellent.
- Cold Tolerance: As much as 50% greater than common St. Augustine.